Due to the waning of the pandemic, the Chairman and the Trustees of Avatar Meher Baba Trust have decided that accommodation in Hostel D and the Meher Pilgrim Retreat (MPR) for Silence Day will be available to Baba lovers who would wish to make a reservation to stay at Meherabad.
Also MPR and Hostels shall remain open during the Summer months in 2022 as an exception, as communicated earlier.
The government of India has lessened restrictions in the light of the Covid-19 infections decreasing in this country. The Trustees of Avatar Meher Baba Trust, in accordance, have eased the limitations at Meherabad from 21st March 2022 as follows:
1. Pilgrims will be allowed inside the Samadhi; however no sitting inside the Samadhi will be allowed. A railing will be placed in front of the sacred marble. All are requested not to touch the threshold, the railing, and the marble slab inside the Samadhi, but pay obeisance to the Beloved with folded hands like Baba had His lovers do in December 1968. No flowers, prasad, or chaddars offerings are permitted. The camera inside the Samadhi will be disconnected, so virtual Darshan will come to a close.
2. Pilgrims will continue to follow all Covid precautions like wearing masks, sanitizer, and social distancing.
3. MPR and Hostel D will gradually commence operating to their normal limits. One vaccination is still compulsory for registration.
4. No one can enter Baba’s Cabin but can take darshan from outside. Baba’s Gaddi will continue to remain inaccessible.
5. Indian children above two years can stay at the MPR & Hostel D.
6. Volunteer residents residing in Meherabad and its immediate surroundings can eat meals (either sit down or take away) at the MPR and Hostel D with 24-hour prior notice. Residents should show at least one vaccination certificate before entering the dining halls.
7. Government official visitors can have meals at the MPR or Hostel D as a special case, only if accompanied by a Trustee.
8. Pilgrims staying in Hostel D wanting to tour the MPR building are allowed between 4.30 pm and 6.00 pm.
ALL ABOVE DECISIONS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT PRIOR NOTICE IF CIRCUMSTANCES REQUIRE IT, GIVEN THE UNCERTAINTIES OF THE PANDEMIC.
Framroze Mistry, Chairman, and The Board of Trustees.
18th March 2022.